- At least 5 Ferguson officers apart from Darren Wilson have been named in lawsuits
- Ferguson police accused of assaulting children
- Shaun King has 15 questions for Darren Wilson (storify)
- Ferguson protesters brace for no indictment
- Is it legal for the police to shoot an unarmed, surrendered citizen?
- Black teens are 21 times more likely to be shot by cops than white teens
- The Big List of Ferguson Live Streams
The environmental impact of oysters, in one photo
The water in both tanks came from the same source. The one on the right has bivalves. Not only do oysters naturally filter the waters in which they live, they can even protect humans from destructive hurricanes. For more, read about New York’s efforts to bring back oyster populations in the once-toxic Hudson River.
Delicious AND helpful. Who knew?
(photo via Steve Vilnit on Twitter)
Please take the time to share this and sign the petition at http://lakotalaw.org/action to tell South Dakota that their illegal taking of Lakota children cannot continue.
Both the Standing Rock and Oglala tribes have received $300,000 Title IV-E planning grants each to begin the planning process and create their own foster care programs. The rest of the South Dakota tribes need your support to take the same action of the Oglala and Standing Rock tribes. Please sign the petition, which will be presented to the Department of Justice, the Department of the Interior, and Health and Human Services at an inter-agency meeting in Washington DC next month to request funds for the remaining tribes.
First off thanks!!! I tried to make a tutorial but it ended up extremely vague and more of a step-by-step of a headshot i drew today for this purpose whoops;;;
This is one layer but If it’s a complicated drawing then i’ll draw it out and line it with a thin brush with no pressure sensitivity, and then bucket fill the shapes on separate layers, usually 1 layer per character and one layer for the bg.
I also might do color adjustment layers and merge them down as I go but I got lucky this time and didn’t have to make any adjustments.
I work on one layer but every 30 minutes or before I begin a new stage (hair, the eyes) I’ll duplicate that layer and paint on the topmost one. This way I can check to see if I over-rendered by hiding the top layer. If i over-render or mess something up, then I have that back-up layer that I can go back to and start that part again.
Some additional things:
- lost edges are where the edge of a shape bleeds into the other without any visible separation between the two. If you don’t need an edge consider getting rid of it for a more painterly look
- The very very darkest shadows on skin are almost always warm. Even if the light source is cool, the nostril will be a warmer color than the rest of the skin.
- warm light: cool shadows
- cool light: warm shadows
- Vary the hue here and there with little flecks of bright colors that harmonize with the local color of the object to make things pop
- If the background is dark, draw a very thin orange or dark pinkish line where the skin meets the bg. This is called a corona and will make the skin look like it’s glowing
- you don’t need to use pure black AND pure white in the same image every single time
- The eye is drawn to hard edges, so use them where it counts!!
- Read Richard Schmidt’s Alla Prima for more of this kind of stuff. I got most of these ideas from that book
- and proko’s youtube channel
- ps that’s makoto
That’s all I can think of right now!!
Can I just add that if you’re using Photoshop, and you’re like me and your hands are too shaky to make neat lasso lines…
- Go to the paint brush tool and press ‘Q’. Now paint where you would draw the selection. It will come out as a transparent red. You can erase it with the eraser tool if you paint the red on somewhere you didn’t want it. It acts exactly like the normal paintbrush tool, with pressure sensitivity, fuzz, and opacity.
- Now press ‘Q’ again. The canvas inverse of the areas you painted will become a selection.
Much easier than trying to draw smooth lasso lines. And you can use ctrl+shift+I if you want to invert it so that the areas where you painted are selected.
This also works wonders with a soft brush for scanned or photographed lineart if you have a dark area that needs lightening up with curves.
A good tip!! I didn’t know you could do that in Photoshop but it looks like it’ll be extremely useful. After reading this I checked to see if Manga Studio has anything like that and I discovered the Selection pen, which does basically the same thing.
You can use this technique for feathers or scales or an armpit or anywhere you need a sharp edge without lines!!
reasons you should watch “mr. peabody and sherman”
- peabody tells puns
- so those are like, dad jokes
- he’s a dog who wears glasses and a bowtie
- he’s a tiny, furry dog dad who loves his human son so frickin’ much
- sherman says the cutest shit and it’s great
- example: “hIS nAME rYHMES WITH BUTT.”
it’s not your job to entertain him by sending him nudes
it’s not your job to satisfy him sexually because he’s horny
you are not required to do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable or that you don’t want to do
don’t be scared of “losing him”
he most likely wasn’t anything worth keeping
Girls need to be taught this from such an early age.
a boner is not a medical condition. you are under no obligation to do anything.
its amazing how less u care about these things and the secrecy as time goes by
The real problem with books-turned-movies isn’t “omg they didn’t include every single word in the book” it’s “omg they completely overlooked the main theme, threw out any significant allegories, took away all the emotional pull, an turned it into a boring action movie with a love triangle in it”
what the fuck is a bird
As a Muslim, I’m sick of people asking me how I feel about 9/11. What do you want me to say, seriously? Do you want me to say, “It was a great plan, mwahahaha!” before I fly off on a magic carpet?
I was born and raised in this country and was just as shocked as everyone else to learn there were people on this earth so vile as to commit such a horrific attack - or to even think about doing it.
But I didn’t do it. Neither did 99.999999999 percent of the roughly 1.5 billion people in the world who also call themselves Muslims. So why should I or any other Muslim apologize for what happened? Nickleback is planning on releasing another album. Should I ask white people to apologize for that?